WEBSITE STANDING COMMITTEE MINUTES
September 10, 2018
Front Office Board Room
Tim Davis, chair, called the meeting to order at 9:34 a.m. with Joe Holovachuk, Marie Horgan, Jill Palmer, Tim Davis, and Gail Fryer. Glen McGeady was present via Skype and teleconference. No liaison from HOA has been appointed to replace Tom Bohan; Jill Palmer agreed to fill in temporarily.
Traffic Results and Earnings:
Traffic: During the past 30 days, there have been 37,000 hits on the LCRE site and 2,000 hits on the HOA site. One or two homes were sold sight unseen over the internet.
Earnings: Both websites are generating about $100 per month
Minutes of the June 4, 2018 Website Committee were approved as distributed and posted (Horgan/Davis).
Activity Association Report:
Joe Holovachuk reported that beginning December 1, 2018, room reservations for 2020 would be taken. Scheduling is running smoothly at this time.
Editor’s Report: Tim Davis
- WP Buffs has been doing a fine job for the past three months (trial basis) on website security; they compressed data and improved website speed. La Casa will continue to contract with them and this item is built into the budget for website maintenance.
- Jane Powers resigned from the committee
- Look for qualified members for the committee, especially someone with expertise in Facebook to maintain the HOA Facebook site. Will ask the president of the Computer Club (Ed Boudreau) and others to recommend/serve on the committee.
HOA Liaison: Jill stated that a liaison will be appointed in October.
- Website standing committee charter:
- In paragraph 3 (Membership) of the charter, the following sentence was added: Appointment and removal of members is consistent with the HOA’s Standing Committee policy as it exists. Motion made by Gail Fryer, seconded by Marie Horgan to add the above sentence to the charter. Motion passed. Jill Palmer will present this charter addition to the HOA board for consideration at board meeting.
- Discussion: Glen McGeady’ s newsletter articles have been excellent. He developed a four- page booklet (Your one-stop shop for all things La Casa) and will send a copy to all committee members. It should be proofed, printed and distributed to all La Casa residents. Print 1000 and distribute to all new residents and have ample copies at the Rec Hall for residents’ convenience.
- Guttenberg: Not yet implemented
- La Casa Mobile Home Facebook Page: It is open for all to read but only our committee members can post. We are seeking someone to join our committee who has expertise and interest in maintaining our Facebook page.
Old Business: None
Next meeting is Monday, October 1, 2018, in the FOBR at 9:30 a.m.
Gail Fryer, Secretary