WEBSITE STANDING COMMITTEE
January 6, 2020
Front Office Board Room
Tim Davis called the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m. Present: Glen McGeady, Paul Strong, Tim Davis, Gail Fryer, Tom Bohan, Martha Morgan, and Joe Holovachuk. Jill Palmer was absent.
Motion: Approve minutes of December 2, 2019 (Fryer/Strong). Passed
Traffic Results and Earnings:
Lacasaroc.com had 15,412-page views during the last 30 days; LCRE had 82,161-page views during the past 30 days. ROC earned $65.35 from December 6-January 4.
All four of our website domains will be renewed. The sliders are doing fine. The new blue recycle bins were delivered to every home and can be used beginning January 6th.
Scheduling: Martha reported that the 2021 scheduling was up to date
Motion: Appoint Jill Palmer to a full 3-year term on the Website Committee beginning February 2020, expiring March 2023. (Holovachuk/McGeady). Passed.
Motion: Appoint Tom Bohan to a full 3-year term on the Website Committee beginning February 2020, expiring March 2023. (Fryer/McGeady). Passed.
Tim announced that he was running for the HOA Board. He and Tom were against Website being a standing committee. Gail defended that action. Tom will identify areas that need members’ expertise and make that an agenda item for our next meeting. Members of the committee can be trained in various areas of website construction and maintenance. Joe expressed an interest in learning more as did Gail.
We pay an outside company (Buffs) to monitor our websites but they don’t always do it; sometimes we have to tell them when something is wrong.
• Request by retired minister for religious post on Events Channel. Request denied by committee. Request is not consistent with our standards.
• Newsletter print restraints: Lacasaroc.com could easily handle longer articles and more quickly than the newsletter. There is no conflict with the newsletter. Glen’s booklet on how to access the websites will be available at EXPO on Saturday, January 11.
• The committee will have a table at EXPO and will try to obtain current info on all clubs and organizations.
• Tom will update the committee roster and Tim will send it to all members.
• Jan Danner brought to our attention that the monthly fee increase had not been corrected in the LCRE and ROC websites.
Meeting adjourned at 10:55 a.m. Next meeting will be February 3, 2020.
Gail Fryer, Secretary